How do Christians explain the cancer death of a 5 yo, and yet plenty of scumbags live long lives?

Payton Wright died of a cancerous spine tumor before she was 6 yo. Dick Vitale is raising money for a foundation in her name. A little girl who knew nothing but the innocent world of 5 yos gets struck down with cancer-CANCER!-and yet every day dregs and scumbags live relatively unfettered lives. Don't get... mostrar más Payton Wright died of a cancerous spine tumor before she was 6 yo. Dick Vitale is raising money for a foundation in her name.

A little girl who knew nothing but the innocent world of 5 yos gets struck down with cancer-CANCER!-and yet every day dregs and scumbags live relatively unfettered lives.

Don't get me wrong, I've done plenty of scumbag things in my life, so I'm not judging the scumbags. I'm one of them in a sense.

But is this the work of a just God? Are you kidding me?

And don't tell me "God works in mysterious ways." That's a copout.

So God has to sacrifice an innocent child as his way of getting someone to care about something like pediatric cancer?

Couldn't he just supply divine inspiration to an extremely gifted young medical student and make the student decide to make fighting pediatric cancer his life's work?

If I can figure out a better way to solve the problem than God can, then I'm forced to conclude that thing you believe in ain't a God.
Actualizar: But, but, according to Christian donkeyology the child was inherently born a sinner!

You're telling me a 5 yo was so in step with God that she worked out her salvation in 5 years? BWAHAAAHAAA!
Actualizar 2: Really Brian? I'm sorry for your daughter's handicap, but do you REALLY accept that it is just for God to sentence your daughter to a wheelchair because other people turned away from him? Where is the fairness, the proportionality there? Can a 5 yo really consciously and meaningfully turn away from God? mostrar más Really Brian? I'm sorry for your daughter's handicap, but do you REALLY accept that it is just for God to sentence your daughter to a wheelchair because other people turned away from him?

Where is the fairness, the proportionality there?

Can a 5 yo really consciously and meaningfully turn away from God?
28 respuestas 28