Should I turn off my pc during my lunch break?

I have heard that turning the computer on and off during the day is not good for the hard drives, but I am worried about saving energy.

9 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 1 década
    Respuesta favorita

It take about I think like 10 (so I've heard) hours of on time to complete the energy that it takes to boot, I may be way off on that, especially with newer computer, however, it still remains true that the energy to turn it on, is way more then to leave in on for an hour, also, this can ruin the hard drive.

Sleep mode isn't much better, for an hour, just turn off the monitor and be done with it.

• hace 4 años

uk - over 18 you're entitled to 20 minutes for a whole 6 hours artwork. This ruin could be paid or unpaid and maximum often is unpaid. that's the only ruin you're entitled to. you're patently already getting greater breaks than the minimum and if basically working a 6 hour shift (or under) it might easily artwork out no minimum ruin earned (to have a ruin interior a 6 hour shift would recommend you probably did no longer artwork 6 hours to get the ruin). additionally as an grownup could have greater useful administration of your bladder (till you have an ongoing medical venture). you're saying you get a fifteen min and a 20 min ruin every day for 5-6 hours artwork so very almost double what maximum individuals get for the comparable quantity of artwork. i do no longer understand the place you get the two X15 min ruin plus 30 minutes lunch from yet no longer interior the united kingdom for 6 hours artwork that is for particular. *** ok sorry I misunderstood what you suggested however the fact is that no count in case you artwork 5 or 6 hours in a shift you're no longer 'entitled' to ANY breaks in any respect so a techniques as uk employment regulation is in contact. so which you're forward interior the pastime because it incredibly is and could according to risk attempt to regulate your bladder and not get into an 'communicate' with your employers in this situation.

• hace 1 década

The amount of energy saved in a 30 min or 1 hour lunch break isn't worth the constant up and down of your computer...if you're really worried I'd put it in hibernate mode AKA sleep mode.

• hace 1 década

I would not put it to sleep, I would just leave it as is. The biggest hit to a HDD's durability is during a cold boot (going from stopped to spinning) I leave my PC on for about a week and then restart (to clear out temp files)

• ¿Qué te parecen las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar la respuesta.
  • hace 1 década

I never heard of turning off your pc can harm your hard drive unless you don't do that in a proper way. It's good to let your head fan cool that way you don't have to replace them sooner than its destine to.

• Eric A
    Lv 6
    hace 1 década

I suggest that you take this up with your employer. They will have to fix the hard drives and power supplies if the surges cause failures....

My company says off at night and on during the day.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

if its a saving computer don't worry

• hace 1 década

You should just put it on standby/hibernate

• hace 1 década

Send it to sleep. :)

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora y obtén respuestas.