If Christians really believe in heaven, then why would they want a long life?

It seems that things are a bit contradictory here. I have spoken to many Christians, and more than a few say that they are OK with the idea of us "unsaved" going to Hell, even if those unsaved are people they love. Such being the case, why would a Christian want to prolong life here on earth. After... mostrar más It seems that things are a bit contradictory here. I have spoken to many Christians, and more than a few say that they are OK with the idea of us "unsaved" going to Hell, even if those unsaved are people they love. Such being the case, why would a Christian want to prolong life here on earth. After all, he will be reunited with his loved ones, at least the "good" ones, in heaven. Often, a Christian is comforted when a loved one dies with thoughts like "God gave him to me; now God wants him back". Christians often grieve when a loved one dies, yet if they were truly selfless, they would rejoice. After all, the loved one is in paradise. Did someone murder your son? Great, now he is in heaven; Did your daughter die of cancer? Wonderful, she is with God

It seems that when a Christian rushes to the doctor, he is merely prolonging a state that falls quite short of heaven. And yet, most of the Christians I know don't seem like they are in a big hurry to get to heaven. They seem to cling onto this life as tenaciously as we "unsaved" do.
24 respuestas 24