How often friends fight over a holiday trip expenses?

Lets say one of them plans how much each one will have to pay, everyone makes a budget, and later on after all of you have paid most of the money the one organizing the trip realizes it will be more expensive that the planned budget. Would you blame the organizer for not tell you on time it will double what you expected to pay? Would you blame yourself for not saving some extra money for just in case of needing it?

6 respuestas

Relevancia
  • hace 3 años

Call him on it. Tell him that he told you that it would cost each of you $x and now, he wants double from you. Tell him you aren't going for double and you are going to suggest to everyone that you all go elsewhere, to a place that is closer in price to the figure that was given.

• tro
    Lv 7
    hace 3 años

if the organizer realizes it is going to cost more than originally planned hopefully no amount of pre deposit has been made and anything the participants have already contributed can be returned to then unless they all agree to pay the additional amount to go on the trip

• hace 3 años

I would be pretty upset at the organizer.

I would also be pretty upset at myself for letting someone else book a vacation for me.

• hace 3 años

Both. Organizer should have don't a better job, but things happen and there may have been unexpected expenses.

• ¿Qué te parecen las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 3 años

The organizer is responsible for being ACCURATE when telling people how much it will cost. That being said, the people agreeing to go on the trip are responsible for verifying the cost before agreeing.

My spouse and I often go on vacation with her siblings or my siblings. We tell each other how much it will cost and we provide documentation to back it up such as a website with vacation home pricing including cleaning fee, pet fee, tax, etc. If people are doing part of the trip independently (like buying airfare or renting a car), that's on THEM, not the organizer.

• hace 3 años

Most people would blame the organizer. This is why we should all plan and budget our own vacations and not leave it up to someone else.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora y obtén respuestas.