Am I trans if I sometimes identify as male on the Internet?

I've got no problems related to my sexual identity (I'm female), however, when I registrate for the first time to participate in an Internet forum I prefer to identify as male.

I do this because sometimes females get harassed on the Internet, and male is a more neutral (and therefore safe) gender. I also get the impression that other users automatically assume I'll exhibit certain personality traits due to being female and I don't like this either.

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 11 meses
    Respuesta favorita

Nope. Not liking harassment doesn't make you trans. Your gender would have to be male for you to be trans. 

• hace 11 meses

Talk to a professional about any gender issues.. Trust me you can't get the correct answers from a bunch of strangers on the internet.... You're better off getting your answers from a pro.. I been there asking here for answers and almost died because someone wanted to play professional and toy with me... You're probably not going to listen but mild confusion is worth more than years of agonizing pain because of something someone said on a online forum filled with people you don't know 

Fuente(s): Life
  • hace 11 meses

No, not at all. It means you're careful and cautious because females do tend to get harassed on the internet WAY more than males do

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    hace 11 meses

That is not trans - it is self-preservation.

• ¿Qué te parecen las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar la respuesta.
  • Anónimo
    hace 11 meses

Of course not. Is this a serious question? Trans ideology is like some mind virus that keeps infecting everything. When will it stop.

• Anónimo
    hace 11 meses

Many women do that for the same reasons you list. It doesn't make you trans, it means sexism is still a problem in our modern world.

• Anónimo
    hace 11 meses

No.

You don't sound mentally ill enough to be trans.

Good luck!

• sarah
    Lv 7
    hace 11 meses

Everyone does that they pretend to be someone they are not. From men to women to children to old people you do not know who you are talking to.

• Anónimo
    hace 11 meses

No, gender identity isn't a mask you put on at will, it's a part of who you are.

Just because you might prefer a male avatar doesn't make you trans, it just means you prefer a male avatar and you have your reasons for that.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    hace 11 meses

No, you are not trans. You are just a female being careful.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora y obtén respuestas.